You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- check appointments – search for upcoming appointments you have booked
- book appointments – book and cancel online for your annual reviews, blood tests and other nurse appointments
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Come to the Surgery and provide photo ID so we can confirm your identity and the receptionist will then issue you with a username and password.
- Enter NHS app and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
Patchs is fully integrated into the NHS app allowing you to manage everything from one place
Patchs is fully controlled by the practice and no personal data has been given to third parties.
We use Patchs in our surgery as a tool to communicate with our patients.
What is Patchs used for?
- appointment reminders
- invites for clinics
- order your repeat medication
- Ask for fit notes
- video consultations
If you are receiving regular treatment you can obtain your repeat prescription without seeing the doctor. You may, however, be asked to see the doctor on occasion to ensure everything is as it should be.
Prescriptions can be requested by:
- Calling the Prescription line 10am -12 noon /2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday (01253 852993 option 2)
- Online (Using the NHS app or PATCHs)
- Via email at [email protected]
When ordering repeat prescriptions, please supply the name of the medication required, the dosage and quantity needed. This information can be found on the right-hand side of the printed label on your medication. Please allow 48 hours (two working days) for your prescription to be sent to the pharmacy. Please check with your chosen pharmacy for their individual timescales for dispense.
Non-urgent advice: Having Problems?
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices